Tuesday 15 February 2011

Fur'lise! No more stories about the damn cat!

So the Camerons have acquired a cat for their humble residence in Downing Street, Twitter is abuzz with comments and we even have journalists writing about it here and here.

Just how 'fur' will this story go before it 'tails' off into obscurity (nourishing or otherwise). Unfortunately one thing we do know for sure is that Cameron - who seems to suffer with verbal diarrhoea - will never be able to claim that the 'cat got his tongue'!

Poor Larry just has not realised what is in store for him, especially when stories emerge about Cameron's disagreements with Clegg, Cable etc. We all know (except poor Larry) who will get the blame for 'ratting' on iDave!

Still from the pictures Larry does look quite a 'mice' cat - no?

7 comments:

microdave said...

I must paws for thought....

WitteringsfromWitney said...

m/d: nice one - scratch one to you!

Actually I could have 'padded' it out some more but was 'curtailed' by time constraints!

WitteringsfromWitney said...

m/d: Surprised you did not pick-up on the pun if Fur elise (Beethoven?) abbreviation in the heading? I cud have used 'purrlease' of course!

TTC said...

Oh, that's what this non-story, distraction is about.

I heard something about politicians getting together and stroking some pussy in Downing Street, but thought that nothing surprising.

Anyway, must go engage in real current affairs by catxching up with the latest episode of I'm Strictly a Celebrity Brother With The X Factor... On Ice!

TTC

microdave said...

WfW - sorry I'm not a "classical" music fan, I could run that past my parents and see if they get it.

I've a feline they would....

Caratacus said...

Showed your post to my cat who sniffed haughtily and said something about how low some cats will let their standards drop in order to provide a roof over their heads. She then looked at me in that 'way' that cats have, where one suddenly feels as though one has just farted in the presence of one's mother-in-law...

WitteringsfromWitney said...

TTC: Thats how you get on in politics!

C: Not surprised as you obviously have a sensible cat!