Wednesday 29 June 2011

A little nudge in the ribs...........

Following my, as far as I am concerned, unacceptable meeting with Grant Shapps on the subject of the withdrawal of Scheme Managers from Sheltered Housing, coupled with my accusations of disregard of Acts of Parliament by the government, local authorities and charities, I have been waiting nearly 6 weeks for a response from my consituency MP to my last email on the subject.

On the 6th June I was advised by one Hannah Parmley - a member of his staff - that he would be writing to me 'shortly'. With a view to jogging my MP's memory, I have emailed Hannah once again, as follows:
"Forgive my troubling you yet again, however perhaps my frustration at the non-appearance of any response would be helped by your definition of 'shortly' - which would appear, probably, to differ greatly from mine.

Whilst it is accepted that David Cameron is a very busy man, one fully occupied imposing non-Conservative values on the nation, I need hardly remind you that he is also a constituency MP and has a duty to attend to constituency matters and correspondence from his constituents.

Kind regards
"
I can but hope that a polite reminder might do the trick......................?

3 comments:

microdave said...

That made 'oi larf!!!

Derek said...

Yes, been there - done that too. Mine has refused to reply since Feb. 2010. My last (a third reminder, just before Christmas) was a little scathing and asked if she was attempting an entry in the Guiness Book Of Records for procrastination. But I dare say the jury are still out on that one - until manana.

WitteringsfromWitney said...

D: Funny enough have had a response advising they are liaising with other govt depts and just waiting to hear from Min of Jus - so.........