Monday 20 June 2011

Driver Awareness

Having been a naughty boy my day is taken up with travelling to and attending one of the above - my offence having been 'camera'd' doing 35mph in a 30mph area. The most annoying aspect is that had I been doing 34mph the police would not have taken any action!

Not too sure if I will be able to meet the "all we require is that you approach and complete the course with an open mind and participate fully" thingy, but I shall try - and no, I have no intention of getting caught speeding on the way there or back!

Posting will be delayed until early evening as a result.

11 comments:

knirirr said...

Enjoy!
However, you'll probably find that nothing is covered there which cannot be found with a few minutes' googling.

Dick Puddlecote said...

I'd have paid the fine.

English Pensioner said...

A friend had the audacity to ask why the stopping distances in the Highway Code still related to a Ford Anglia, rather than a modern vehicle with ABS.
He was not popular!

Captain Ranty said...

I wouldn't have paid the fine nor attended their crappy course.

But that's just me.

CR.

The Gray Monk said...

Blair's money grabbing crony jobs for the boys creations again - and the nannying Liebor so love to impose...

Bet Cameron won't reverse this cr*p either.

WitteringsfromWitney said...

Thanks chaps for the post-op advice! Actually it was quite enjoyable, mainly due to the 'lecturer' who had a great sense of humour and joined in with the jokes and witticisms being lobbed in his direction!

Actually the floor show was worth the extra £35 - even though I learned owt additional........!

TheBoilingFrog said...

At least you weren't this stupid WfW :-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2005505/Holy-Island-tourists-driving-North-Sea-pulled-safety.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Dick Puddlecote said...

Extra £35? You had to pay for this stuff?

WitteringsfromWitney said...

TBF: Give me time, I've yet to reach my dotage........

DP: Yup, the course is £95. Be late and it is another £95 or forfeit the orginal £95 and pay £60 plus the three points!

George Speller said...

Hmmm - mine was only £60, same as the fine but no points, no insurance problems. I can think of better ways to spend an afternoon, but hey, I'm retired so what the hell?

WitteringsfromWitney said...

GS: (a) inflation and (b) so am I and I also thought what the hell!

See later post on accumulative earnings!