Monday 17 October 2011

Yet another musical interlude

Enya has always been an enigma in that her private life is just that, I have yet to read one word about that aspect of her life. Her voice has always been a source of enjoyment to me and likewise her musical compositions. Whilst briefly being a member of Clannad, it was when she decided to branch out on her own that she came to public attention with her single 'Orinoco Flow', a track from her album 'Watermark'.

Just three examples of her talent:




Besides featuring in Gladiator, voicing over the scene 'Now we are free', Enya voiced over the scene 'The Council of Elrond' from Lord of the Rings:


Enjoy.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it Lisa Gerrard who did the spooky stuff in Gladiator, not Enya?

WitteringsfromWitney said...

Anon: True I stand corrected. Enya did 'cover' Now we are free, hence my mistake.....

Apologies to you and any subsequent readers.

Anonymous said...

I only know because (apart from being a sad git) I remember watching Gladiator (that Connie Nielsen - phwoarr) when that music came on, and sat there going "It's Enya...or is it...yes...no...it must be...no it isn't.." The joys of the Internet Movie Database settled it for me.

Keep up ggod work!