Thursday 27 October 2011

See, I'm not the only one saying it

From the letters section of today's Daily Telegraph:
"SIR – Your letters on the EU are really arguing for a revolution right now: dumping the Coalition Government, parking David Cameron in the Tower, and taking back power by the people.
I would be pleased to lead this movement if nobody else better qualified can be found – which should not be hard, since I am on the cusp of my 88th year and spend most of my time in my garden.
Lord Walsingham
Merton, Norfolk
"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bet he could still lead it and be successful.

WitteringsfromWitney said...

mtl: If he's anything like his namesake from Liz I's time, most definitely!

andy5759 said...

How many more Barons required to form a Peoples' Parliament (or whatever it's called - my Brit Constitution is a bit rusty)?

WitteringsfromWitney said...

a5759: Well there is one in Parliament already, but I don't think he amounts to much.......

He's aka 'A Billericay Dickie'....

selsey.steve said...

"Walsingham".
A name to conjure with.

WitteringsfromWitney said...

ss: If only we could 'dig him up'?