"God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless."*
Chester W. Nimitz
From PoliticsHome we learn that George Osborne believes he has the authority to state:
"I have today taken action to impose further financial restrictions against Iran......."
- Who, exactly, gave George Osborne permission to do that on our behalf?
- Where, exactly, was that permission requested in any manifesto from the his party, or that of the Coalition?
- At what point - and when - was he granted permission to make a decision that may well have possible, detrimental, repercussions for the future of those he was elected to serve?
- Who elected the Financial Action Task Force (FATF)?
- If the FATF is "an inter-governmental body whose purpose is the development and promotion of national and international policies to combat money laundering and terrorist financing", can we see the evidence/minutes on which FATF asks/demands Osborne to take the action he has?
* That our politicians act as 'Gods', taking upon themselves all the 'divine' powers associated with such an exalted position, is the reason why I will continue to bang my head against the proverbial brickwall!