Tuesday 29 November 2011

Logic?

I have not been following Osborne's speech but I see on Twitter the following from Open Europe:
"Osborne: I'm worried about EU's green targets, therefore we will help SMEs to cope with the Carbon Emissions Trading Scheme"
So let me understand this, George. We pay billions of pounds to enjoy membership of an organisation, who in turn decide rules on how we should organise our own society, said rules imposing inordinate costs on our businesses. We then provide even more money to those businesses in order to mitigate the effects of decisions made by the organisation to which we belong.........

Err......................

Of course, under direct democracy and referism, Osborne would not be the economic prat he appears to be - but I digress............................

2 comments:

kenomeat said...

WfW: Hope you don't mind but I've copied your comments onto facebook in the interests of "spreading the word". In fact I'd like to make it the topic of a letter to my local newspaper. I've had no success to date with my efforts to have letters published but I won't give up.

WitteringsfromWitney said...

k: Feel free to make use of any material I put on my blog - and thanks for trying to spread the word......