Wednesday 23 November 2011

'This' is what passes as 'politics'?

As an example I refer to Prime Minister's Questions today - which in actual fact varies little from any other PMQs - and can but ask, in the words of the song by Peggy Lee*, "as I stood there, watching the whole world go up in flames, I remember asking myself: is that all there is?"

PMQs is an example of 'democracy in action'? Spheroids! It is no more than a PR exercise broadcast in the hope that the individual performances of the participants may well garner a few additional votes upon the occasion that we, the electorate, are asked to permit them continuing with their charade of democracy, one that will allow them to continue their leeching of the public purse.

It doesn't have to be like this, people - more on this subject, come the weekend!


* For the musical among you:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are all actors just playing their part to their crowds WfW.

"All sound and fury.."

But you're right - everything else is going up in flames.
If it wasn't for my tradesman's appreciation of architecture I could very much enjoy seeing the building containing these cretins go up in flames.