Seems there is a bit of an argument/discussion on-going on Twitter and the Blogosphere about the various merits of each system.
Would someone please enlighten me to what the hell difference any voting system would make when:
1. Political parties control who is put forward to the electorate for election?
2. Political parties control how their MPs vote in Parliament?
3. Those we elect do not actually govern our nation, but are no more than filing clerks for what edicts arrive from Brussels?
4. Those chosen to become Secs of State, Ministers and PPSs have effectively disenfranchised their electorate (see previous posts).
5. There is a 'hidden' government - aka Common Purpose - actually deciding what happens?
6. The MSM is effectively in the pocket of Government?
7. The people haven't a clue, nor could care less, which system is used?
Just a few thoughts.........
Afterthought: pperin (on Twitter) please take note!