Saturday 18 February 2012

A personal reflection

Yesterday when suffering a loss of laptop, until someone 'fanned' an idea to solve the temporary problem, being at a total loss of how to occupy myself I resorted to a tad of self-circumspection on the subject of happiness.


Happiness can mean many things, not least that of meeting someone with whom one desires to spend their life; in this some of us are fortunate and some of us are not - through no fault of their own, or possibly through some fault of our own.


For those who have unfortunately missed that one important person in their life - and are left with but memories - the following song sung by Harry Nilsson probably will resonate.
"Gone is the romance that was so divine.
'Tis broken and cannot be mended.
You must go your way,
And I must go mine.
But now that our love dreams have ended...

What'll I do
When you are far away
And I am blue
What'll I do?

What'll I do?
When I am wond'ring who
Is kissing you
What'll I do?

What'll I do with just a photograph
To tell my troubles to?

When I'm alone
With only dreams of you
That won't come true
What'll I do?
"

So, what do we do? 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeeDee99 said...

You develop friendships and put the effort in which keeps them alive.

You spend time with your children (if you have them) and ensure that when they are adult they still want to remain 'your child' without being dependent on you.

You make the most of your wider family.

You get involved in political or voluntary work. You join clubs. You (almost) never turn down the opportunity to try a new activity providing it's within your level of pysical fitness.

Most of all, you learn to be content with with you DO have.

I'm happily divorced and have been for a long time. I learned, quite painfully at the time, that you can be an awful lot lonelier when you are married than when you are single.

WitteringsfromWitney said...

DD: Agree with the last paragraph of your comment. However, when the one person who you just know would have made your world has slipped through your fingers.........