Monday 5 December 2011

At last: a serious jounalistic piece on the EU Merkozy 'stitch-up'

I am hard pushed to name a journalist, other than Mary Ellen Synon, Bruno Waterfield and Ambrose Evans-Pritchard, who regularly writes with any knowledge on matters EU. Discussing the 'Merkozy Stitch-up' of today, Mary Ellen Synon writes:
"What we saw today in Paris was an announcement by Merkozy that they intend to go ahead with their drive to destroy democracy across 17 European states. By agreeing to this -- and he will -- Mr Cameron will act as collaborator in establishing Germany and France as the fiscal commanders over these nations of Europe.

Across Europe, one can only feel dread. In Britain, one ought to feel shame as well."
Do read the whole piece!

5 comments:

Oldrightie said...

Eureka, WoW. You and Richard have restored my faith in optimism! A good day and many more to come as we stock up on popcorn.

Stuart said...

In answer to ME Synon, yes I do feel ashamed. Thanks to my fellow countrymen who vote for the liblabcon, Cameron and Co are supporting the destruction of democracy across Europe.

Sue said...

OMG! We just quoted the same bit from the same piece :)

It's depressed the hell out of me I can tell you!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to read MES's piece again WfW but I couldn't remember her mentioning that Merkel has to get past her own constitution first.

But you're right - MES leaves our journalists standing.

WitteringsfromWitney said...

Or: Thanks.

S: I think we all share your feeling......

Sue: Great minds!

BJ: Agreed last comment!